ULI Terwilliger Center for Housing recently released a report that provides recommendations for increasing the supply of workforce and affordable housing in Charlotte, North Carolina. The recommendations were developed by the staff of the Terwilliger Center and a panel consisting of a group the Center’s national advisory board members. Recommendations outlined include:
- Bring new public and private resources to bear on creating supply.
- Create new and consistent incentives for mixed-income development.
- Maximize mixed-income development through public real estate.
- Ensure preservation of existing workforce and affordable units.
- Use zoning and land use regulations to incentivize mixed-income housing.
- Communicate the importance and benefits of workforce and affordable housing.
Click here for the full report.