ULI Charlotte Releases Recommendations for Tom Hunter Station
In October, 2016, ULI Charlotte was engaged by University City Partners, with funding by the Knight Foundation, to study the economic viability and possible land uses for a study area that includes a ¼ mile radius around the Tom Hunter Light Rail Station on the Lynx Blue Line Extension, with special emphasis on the 18-acre Parks Chevrolet site. After studying the area, the panel issued the following recommendations:
- Transform perceptions and reclaim neighborhood reputation
- Create a Town Center at the Parks Chevrolet site
- Increase presence for county services
- Provide new mixed-use retail in and around Town Center
- Develop better mix of housing
To view the full report and implementation recommendations, click here.