We offer numerous volunteer opportunities and welcome our members to coordinate or moderate a local program, volunteer for UrbanPlan, provide mentoring for a Young Leader, contribute to our blog or assist with a Community Outreach project – just to name a few. Members can also get involved by attending any of our events or by joining one of our local committees.
How to get involved?
ULI can help you CONNECT . . . LEARN . . . and GIVE BACK. Land use is local, but we can learn regionally and globally. Become involved with ULI Charlotte on some very simple levels. Here are some ways to consider:
- Join ULI Charlotte’s social media network (find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook)
- Encourage your colleagues to join ULI
- Forward ULI newsletters to your business associates
- Tweet at a meeting #uliclt
- Attend a ULI meeting . . . see our calendar for upcoming meetings
- Share and learn from your peers in a Regional Council or Emerging Leaders Forum (for Young Leaders)
- Discover research to identify emerging trends, solve issues, explore new approaches and develop creative solutions
- Be a greeter at the next event
- Get engaged on a committee
- Become a sponsor
- Send us your notes or pictures from a ULI event
- Suggest ULI as a resource when addressing land use challenges with TAPs
- Provide information on projects for case studies
- Tell us about great speakers and topics you come across
Leadership in land use comes in many ways. We serve professionals and strive to serve the community.