Capital Markets Council
The Capital Markets Council’s mission is to engage each member on substantive capital market trends and larger financial issues that affect each of us individually and our industry more broadly. We structure the content to facilitate two-way conversations with the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. The key to success of the Council is rich dialogue among senior-level industry experts.
CMC’s mission is to convene a group of ULI Members and Capital Markets professionals to:
- Inform and update its members on current regional and national issues unique to the commercial real estate financial markets.
- Allow its members an opportunity to introduce new concepts and other financial programs.
- The format has been designed to inform and engage its members in issues that are directly related to their daily professions.
The format of the CMC will be as follows:
- In 2018 there are three meetings – April, June (Atlanta), and November
- A Federal Reserve representative will provide insight on recent policy statements and initiatives directly related to the commercial real estate capital markets.
- CMC members will be provided the opportunity to introduce new concepts or programs. In addition, each member will have the opportunity to seek input and feedback from the group as well.
Each meeting will be held at the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond – Charlotte Branch
Membership in the Council is by application.
Participation in the CMC requires membership in ULI and annual CMC participation fees of $250 per year. CMC seeks members who:
- Are committed to the principles of leadership in the responsible use of land.
- Demonstrate leadership and real world experience in development, ownership, management and/or capital markets professionals.
- Have varied backgrounds and a diversity of expertise.
CMC’s Leadership Team is comprised of Jeff Titherington of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Stuart Proffitt of Proffitt Dixon, and Jon Morris, of Beacon Partners.