Capital Markets Council
The Capital Markets Council’s mission is to engage each member on substantive capital market trends and larger financial issues that affect each of us individually and our industry more broadly. We structure the content to facilitate two-way conversations with the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. The key to success of the Council is rich dialogue among senior-level industry experts.
CMC’s mission is to convene a group of ULI Members and Capital Markets professionals to:
- Inform and update its members on current regional and national issues unique to the commercial real estate financial markets.
- Allow its members an opportunity to introduce new concepts and other financial programs.
- Engage its members in issues that are directly related to their daily professions.
The format of the CMC will be as follows:
- Three meetings annually, Spring, Summer, Fall (with ULI Atlanta’s Capital Markets Council)
- A Federal Reserve representative will provide insight on recent policy statements and initiatives directly related to the commercial real estate capital markets.
- CMC members will be provided the opportunity to introduce new concepts or programs. In addition, each member will have the opportunity to seek input and feedback from the group.
October 2021 Agenda | March 2022 Agenda | August 2022 Agenda
Membership in the Council is by application. Participation in the CMC requires membership in ULI and annual CMC participation fees of $250. CMC seeks members who:
- Are committed to the principles of leadership in the responsible use of land.
- Demonstrate leadership and real world experience in development, ownership, management and/or capital markets professionals.
- Have varied backgrounds and a diversity of expertise.
- Login and update your ULI member profile with your biography and profile information.
- Apply by submitting your statement of interest in the Navigator form, including information about your experience, expertise, and why you’d like to participate. We encourage you to take time to craft your statement as it will be shared with the Council leaders for consideration.
- A member of our team will be in touch within 2 business days.
- Selections of new Capital Markets Council appointments will be determined in February each year.
CMC’s Leadership Team is comprised of Stuart Proffitt of Proffitt Dixon, Hunter Miller of Wells Fargo and Brian Richards of Beacon Partners.