CLT Initiatives Council (CIC)
The CLT Initiatives Council (CIC) mission is to engage each member on substantive public policy and regulatory discussions that affect each of us individually and our industry more broadly. We structure the content to facilitate the building of a knowledge base by informing, discussing, and actively providing input. The key to success of the Council is rich dialogue among experts in the real estate industry.
Initially, areas of discussion may center around the:
- Evolution of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
- Impacts on development of the Parks and Recreation Comp Plan
- Affects regional sewer capacity
- Understanding the Strategic Mobility Plan
- Advances in the multi-modal Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
Other topics and discussions will continue to evolve. CIC members may introduce new concepts or programs for discussions.
CIC’s mission is to convene a group of ULI Members to:
- Inform and update its members on current public policy and regulations;
- Build an ongoing knowledge base on these complex issues for a vital discussion and feedback;
- Inform and engage its members in issues that are directly related to their daily practices.
The format of the CIC will be as follows:
- Bi-monthly meetings on even months – typically on the first Wednesday from 8:00-10am.
- CIC members will be provided the opportunity to introduce new concepts or programs. In addition, each member will have the opportunity to seek input and feedback from the group.
Membership in the Council is by application. Participation in the CIC requires membership in ULI and annual CIC council fees of $250. CIC seeks members who:
- Are committed to the principles of leadership in the responsible use of land;
- Demonstrate leadership and real-world experience in development, ownership, and management;
- Have varied backgrounds with consideration to expertise, ethnicity and industry diversity.
- Login and update your ULI member profile with your biography and profile information.
- Apply by submitting your statement of interest in the Navigator form , including information about your experience, expertise, and why you’d like to participate. We encourage you to take time to craft your statement as it will be shared with the Council leaders for consideration.
- A member of our team will be in touch within 2 business days.
- Selections of new CLT Initiatives Council appointments will be determined in the spring each year.
This council is made possible by the generous support of Moore & Van Allen.