Assists with the daily operations of Grubb Properties office portfolio through coordination of tenant relations, lease administration, and renewals. Assists the Commercial Development Team with general administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with coordination of tenant services, communication, and retention. Helping to strategize on occupancy maximization and tenant satisfaction.
- Coordinates and manages expense report process for Commercial Development team.
- Coordinates and manages travel arrangements and travel itineraries for the Commercial Development team.
- Manages meetings and calendars for Commercial Development team members.
- Processes invoices for Commercial Development Team.
- Reviews leases and lease provisions. Monitors and maintain ROFO and ROFR lists.
- Prepares and analyzes the economic aspect of lease terms.
- Utilizing strong Excel skills creates presentation-ready reports and disseminates reports including internal and external to investors/equity partners.
- Keeps current marketing information and support documents including current floor plans.
- Assists with drafting lease proposals and counter-proposal and responding to broker requests.
- Communicates effectively with property management.
- Coordinates with architects to assist in preparing preliminary space plans.
- Works with construction and assists with preparing preliminary budgets for Tenant Improvement cost.
- Assists with investigating the financial strengths of prospective tenants by reviewing financials and researching industry and business data and reports.
- Assists with the budgeting process, monthly projections, quarterly and monthly variance analysis, and cash flow analysis.
- Works with third-party brokers; obtain and provide information to and from third-party brokers.
- Assists with interacting with attorneys during lease negotiations to help manage the process including lease language negotiation.
- Helps organize tenant services team.
- Helps explain the rights and obligations of the Landlord and Tenant based on the executed lease document.
- Manages VTS software leasing package.
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-4 years of Commercial Property Management experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience reading and interpreting legal documents.
- Must have a strong understanding of Excel and must be able to provide presentation-ready documents for the executive team.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe (document manipulation)
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Ability to solve problems and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Good organizational, computer, and accounting skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting and in commercial buildings.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks on commercial properties and climbs stairs.
- Travel as needed including overnight stays including out of state travel.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.