September 23, 2010
5:30pm – 7:30pm
410 W. 5th Street
Join ULI Charlotte for a behind-the-scenes tour of the largest new-construction, residential development in Charlotte.
Owner Dan McLean will lead an in-depth presentation on the complicated development process for The VUE. Dan will narrate the full development cycle including his decision to pursue this project in Charlotte, experience in navigating challenging capital markets, and hurdles faced throughout the construction period. Emma Littlejohn of the Littlejohn Group will provide commentary on the regional residential market, the accomplishment of completing a project of such a large scope in a challenging economic environment, and specific features of The VUE that set it apart from other residential developments. Rob Cummings will discuss the importance of the development to the City of Charlotte and more specifically Fourth Ward, providing a community perspective to this collaborative project.
Topics will include:
- Project conception, history, pre-development phase and the approval process
- Construction challenges for an urban infill development, creating unique amenities
- Navigating challenging financial market
- Importance of project delivery to the city of Charlotte and the Fourth Ward community
Project description and details:
- 51-story, 409-unit urban condominium tower
- Includes 35,000 SF amenity deck with multi-purpose sports court, Junior Olympic pool and pet park
- Developed by MCL Companies of Chicago, IL
For more information, including registration, click here.