The mission of WLI is to:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
In Charlotte, WLI offers an annual symposium and Career Development Series. For more information about the international WLI program, click here.
Throughout the year, WLI will offer special events and programs. WLI hosts three member-only opportunities, each designed to serve, support, and engage members in different ways:
• WLI Champions Program – WLI Champions reflect the strength of the region’s real estate development industry through the responsible use of land to create thriving communities worldwide.
• WLI Mentorship Program – The mentorship program is designed to connect women members with established real estate professionals and provide ULI members the opportunity to get to know the future women leaders in the industry. It aims to provide opportunities for both participants and mentors to grow by sharing their knowledge and experiences in an atmosphere of confidentiality, trust, and respect.
• WLI(brary) – ~ A ULI Charlotte & ULI Nashville Women’s Leadership Initiative Partnership ~ The Women’s Leadership Initiative WLI(brary) is a bi-annual book club devoted to professional development and collegial convenings of ULI women members. This initiative couples thought-provoking conversations with industry networking and engagement, all in a casual setting. We look forward to your participation….available only to ULI members.
If you would like to be involved with the WLI’s work, email us. The WLI regularly hosts high-level conversations with accomplished women leaders.
Women’s Leadership Initiative Chair